Senior Backend Developer (Open-source & .Net)
TN Marketing https://www.tnmarketing.com is a global video streaming firm focused on creating communities by engaging people with their passions. Our how-to instruction, centered around lifelong hobbies, reaches over 850,000 paying members in more than 150 countries. At TN, we have architected our own consumer-facing site platform, which currently delivers 15 consumer brands to the marketplace. We have also integrated our platform into our own consumer management system and distribute our content across various connected devices (OTT).
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Developer to join our fast-paced engineering team. Overall, you will work closely with the entire technology team. We are very focused on accuracy, attention to detail, and timeliness as you seamlessly fit within our sprint process and agile methodology. You will be asked to take the initiative on your workload, so self-motivation is a must! And most important, you would be joining a very cool and intelligent team.
This is an independent contractor position with a guarantee of a minimum number of hours each month. Hourly rate based on experience. This position allows for working remotely.
Please Note: This position is for US and Canada based developers only.
Our Ideal Experience Skillset:
- At least five-years of experience in back end focused web development.
- Advanced proficiency with modern PHP and MySQL.
- Experience with E-Commerce development (preferably WooCommerce).
- Ability to expertly debug performance and caching issues.
- Ability to develop with security in mind.
- Code portfolio. Link us to your GitHub account, upload a .zip, or both.
- Experience using Git.
- Experience using Composer for dependency management.
- Comfortable using the command-line.
- Ability to setup a local environment for testing PHP code (We use Roots Trellis).
- Ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Proficiency working with .Net technologies, coding in C#, and database development in SQL Server with T-SQL. Skills and experience with Azure SQL, App Services and other Azure resources a big plus.