We’re looking for a Senior WordPress Developer to join our small fully remote team (from Australia, the Philippines, Mexico, the UK, the USA and Canada).
We run a membership program & community called The Tech Tribe, where we help the owners of IT Support businesses (MSPs) to better run and grow their business by giving them training, resources, templates & access to a Forum Based Community.
We do all of this through a heavily customized WordPress Membership site made up of about 30+ WordPress Plugins and other tools all connected to each other. There are around 8,000 active users on the platform and they login regularly to interact.
We are always improving and building on the platform to keep making a better experience for our clients and this is where you fit in.
You will be working directly with the CEO of the business (me) to build new features, upgrade existing features, fix bugs when they happen (usually from WordPress Plugin updates) and keep regular maintenance & security up to date.
We’ve been in business since 2017 and are in a VERY stable position both financially and in the marketplace, so for the right person, there’s HUGE job stability.
We like to think we’re a fun business to work for and whilst we like to work productively, we also like to keep things as stress-free as possible (my last business was very stressful, so I’ve intentionally built The Tech Tribe to have much less stress).
Our mission is to become the most valuable & results-driven program for MSPs & IT Support businesses on the planet, and we’re growing every day.
We take deep pride in what we do and aim to delight our clients every day. Here’s some of the nice things our clients say about us.
I hope to meet you soon! 🤓
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
Here’s a few benefits of working with us:
· You’ll never have to work on your Birthday 🎉
· We intentionally keep a very low-stress workplace, so you can relax a little in this role.
· We’re a very financially strong company so there’s a long-term stable role here for the right person
· We’re currently planning our first Annual team retreat somewhere around the world which we’ll fly you to (location to be decided)
· We happily pay for any training that can help you build your skills
· You’ll work in a business where our clients LOVE what we do for them (you can see some of their nice comments at https://thetechtribe.com/love). This is very rewarding as we have a great reputation (most of our 3,300+ clients have come from referrals from our existing clients)
· You’ll work directly with the CEO (me). I’ve run my own businesses for many years turning over $15M+ in revenue (and learning MANY lessons along the way)
SOME TYPICAL TASKS
Here’s some of the typical tasks you’ll be working on:
· Building new features on our Platform to create a better experience for our clients. New features are often built using a mixture of WordPress plugins, Custom PHP code, Custom HTML/CSS & Automations in our CRM (ActiveCampaign). We have a huge backlog of Feature Ideas we need to build into our platform so there is no shortage of projects to work on
· Fixing Bugs as they happen (they are normally due to WordPress Plugin Updates or Vendor Upgrades or some Technical Debt)
· Working with our Support team to fix any issues a member might be having
· Working with our Designer (Gabriel – also a Filipino) to get his help to make pages & new features look good
· Working with the Support Teams of our 30+ Vendors, to get any bugs resolved
· Working with our Infrastructure Guy (Vinit) on any hosting issues for our platform
· Working with any junior or mid-tier developers we may hire to lead / mentor them
· And much more – there’s always new & challenging tasks to work on
You’ll have deep support & feedback from the CEO of the business (who has a Development background) to help you excel at the role, especially in the beginning as you will need some time to get up to speed with all the complexities of our platform.
NEED TO HAVES
To succeed in this role, here are some things you’ll need to have:
· Clear Written Communication – we work a lot via chat, so this is important
· Advanced Experience in WordPress Plugin and/or PHP Development
· Experience working with APIs. We have lots of custom code we’ve built that connect to some of our tools via APIs.
· Experience with MySQL / MariaDB
· Experience using a GIT Version Control system
· A “Can Do” attitude when it comes to solving tricky problems. Our platform can have some tough bugs from time to time which can be challenging (& even fun) to hunt down
· You’ll need to be detail-oriented as we aim to always build with excellence
· You’ll need to be able to swap between different tasks and projects regularly. Some days you might end up working on 5+ different tasks. If you like variety in your work, you’ll definitely have it here 🤓
NICE TO HAVES
If you have any of these, they will be a VERY helpful (although, they aren’t required):
· Experience using a Marketing Automation tool (e.g. Hubspot, InfusionSoft or ActiveCampaign)
· Experience using some of our specific tools: including ThriveCart, Memberium, ActiveCampaign, Stripe, Zapier – however don’t worry if you haven’t used them all – if you’re a tech geek like me, you’ll pick them up quickly
· Experience working on a Membership site before
· Experience working with the Stripe API is a huge bonus
· Experience using an issue tracker or ticketing system (we track all our Development work and Bug Tracking in ClickUp and use this daily. If you’ve not used ClickUp before, we will train you)
Please email your resume to [email protected] 😎
About The Tech Tribe
We run a membership program & community called The Tech Tribe, where we help the owners of IT Support businesses (MSPs) to better run and grow their business by giving them training, resources, templates & access to a Forum Based Community