Welcome to Team Velocity Marketing, where ideas reign supreme. There’s no shame in being ambitious here; career growth is a priority for us – we help one another climb, we don’t climb over one another. Clients aren’t just customers, they’re partners. Integrity and a team-driven environment serve as incubators. If you’re ready to be an idea engineer with some of the best collaborators in the industry, let’s see where you can put your talents to work.
The Senior WordPress Developer will develop custom, often complex WordPress-based solutions along with general PHP framework-based solutions. This person will aid the sales team, the account management team, and others in gathering requirements, web project planning, and general technical questions. The Senior WordPress Developer will provide leadership in finding and developing new technologies and methods to advance Team Velocity’s web offerings and will aid other developers with system design and implementation. We are looking for a team player to perform server maintenance and monitoring while supporting current client websites by providing technical support.
This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast moving initiative to develop industry setting RV websites which will integrate into our core marketing platform. The ideal candidate will have ability to carry out assigned tasks with limited need for supervision, work well in a fast, agile and fluid environment and possess strong problem solving skills, as well as consistent attention to detail. The Senior WordPress Developer will report to the VP of Research & Development and will work with company leaders, account managers, designers, programmers, developers, and digital analysts.
Web Development and Implementation – 40%
Web Project Planning – 30%
Strategy/New Technologies/New Products – 10%
Supporting Internal Growth of Other Developers – 10%
Server Management/Maintenance – 5%
Technical Support – 5%
- Contribute to “scope of build” conversations with development team, project managers, designers and other developers.
- Integrate sliced PSD files (usually already converted to HTML/CSS) into either WordPress or some other proven open source system (note:
- WordPress is our primary CMS platform); many of our builds are responsive.
- Develop custom web applications that drive business processes.
- Set up e-commerce applications.
- Monitor health and uptime of servers (general server admin in a managed services environment; no in-depth configuration required).
- Collaborate with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for client website projects.
- Contribute to support of current client websites.
- Participate in regular company-wide and team meetings.
- Participate in on-site and off-site client meetings.
- Contribute to Team Velocity’s best practices; recommend, explore and implement better ways to deliver.
DEVELOPER PROJECT EXAMPLES
- Set up multi-site WordPress builds.
- Integrate feeds from social networks third-party APIs.
- Customize WordPress to support specific functionality.
- Integrate shopping carts.
- Build out responsive layouts.
- Develop wireframe mockups to illustrate possible solutions.
- CRM integration.
- Develop new plugins for WordPress.
- Contribute to the build and development of internal web applications to run Team Velocity’s internal systems and processes.
- Work with offshore developers on specific project deliverables to assure scope, quality and timely delivery.
- Develop documentation for complex systems.
- Minimal content migration (separate team for this).
- Minimal front-end development.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or comparable experience in the web development required.
- Experienced in developing for WordPress.
- Substantial experience working with similar technologies and environment.
- Ability to breakdown client problems and develop a software solution from system design to implementation.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with good time management skills.
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks (CodeIgniter, Symfony, Yii, Zend, etc) a plus. Laravel strongly desired.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) a plus.
- Knowledge of change control systems, specifically Git, a plus.
- Automotive / RV retail experience a plus.
- SEO and web site performance optimization.
- Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Facebook advertising.
- Excellent communicator and collaborator.
- Ability to organize and run meetings, leaving with clear objectives and tasks.
- Comfortable talking with clients and developers (via phone, email and in person).
- Detail-oriented in context of a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of hitting daily deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.Keen ability to multi-task; self-starter.
- Capable planner.
- A strong vocabulary.
- Sense of humor.
This is a full-time onsite salaried position headquartered in Herndon, VA. Remote positions considered for exceptional candidates. Compensation is commensurate on experience, plus benefits.
About Team Velocity Marketing
Team Velocity Marketing provides automotive companies across the U.S. with our 360 Sales and Service Marketing Program. We are exclusively devoted to the automotive industry and provide a broad range of integrated marketing services for new and used vehicle sales and service. In addition to our creative solutions, our market research and data analysis is unrivaled in the industry. Over the last 20 years, our team has founded some of the most successful marketing and training companies in the industry. We have worked with 75% of the top 100 dealers and 18 manufacturers in the U.S. and globally.