We’re seeking a a full stack WordPress developer to join our team on a monthly retainer to begin.
You must be US based, EXTREMELY reliable and available during PST business hours.
We have several clients who require a little technical support here and there, as well as quick fixes to the sites we manage for them. We also do a lot of full ground up WP builds, these range from simple information sites, through to custom enterprise level WP multi-sites. So we’d also love for help on the full projects too, as we are slammed!!
You will be required to handle some smaller support / technical questions / tasks internally and from our clients / ticket system, as well as handle scope lists and the full project builds.
Everything we do is fully custom, from the ground up. We don’t use existing themes at all. This is not an entry level role. You must be experienced with full stack WP dev, including ACF. Strong frontend is preferred, but backend is the primary need.
The retainer will start at $1000 / month, with extra hours as needed. We will also assign full projects to you on a flat rate basis.
Please use the form to apply and we will review to see if we’d be a good fit!
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or 4+ years of related experience
• Highly detail orientated, with an eagle eye for design nuances
• Deep knowledge of the WordPress platform and ecosystem
• Ability to develop custom WordPress themes and plugins from scratch
• Fundamental understanding of object-oriented programming in PHP
• Understanding of current UI/UX principles and best practices
• Able to develop responsive and fluid interfaces for all major breakpoints
• Take complex PSD/XD/Sketch mockups and turn them in to pixel-perfect code
• Writing custom posts types, taxonomies, and queries without plugins
• Highly experienced with leveraging ACF in your theme builds
• Experience developing eCommerce solutions utilizing WooCommerce
• Robust cross device and browser testing practices
• Ability to write clean code for SEO and site performance (speed)
• Experience integrating API’s and 3rd party apps
• Understanding of W3C Web Standards/Semantics and Accessibility Guidelines
• Basic understanding of web security best-practices (SSH keys, SSL certificates, etc)
• Some hosting / server / database config experience is beneficial
• Git version control experience is beneficial
–Other Preferred Skills to Have–
• We’re looking for someone who LOVES WordPress, who knows it inside and out, active in the WP dev community, etc.
• Experience developing a broad range of use cases in WP is a big plus.
• You should be comfortable dealing directly with clients. This will be limited on most projects, but we will require you to work with us and the client to scope some of the larger projects, as well as updating on project statuses, etc.
• We are looking for someone who is reliable and straight forward to work with. Our company is known for being insanely reliable and our clients depend on us to deliver.