This Senior PHP / WordPress Developer position will be focused on creating a community engagement platform that will assist our library clients with outreach to their patrons.
You will join a team of knowledgeable Development and Marketing professionals and assist as the sole developer. This will be a fantastic opportunity to take the lead on building a product that will reach millions of library patrons around the world.
What You Will Do
– Develop and provide maintenance support for the WordPress site
– Develop custom themes and plugins
– Optimize page speed of the WordPress site
– Create responsive website designs
– Create API’s needed but not already created
– Find existing plugins that will solve issues in our product
– Produce high-quality work with strong attention to detail
– Work under tight deadlines
What We Need
– Strong knowledge of WordPress Platform
– Strong expertise with PHP
– Expertise in WordPress Custom Theme Development and Plugin Development
– Expertise in WordPress Plugin Integration
– Ability to create API’s from scratch
– Understanding of RESTful Web Services
– Expertise in Database Security and best practices
– Should understand how to make WordPress manageable from admin panel
– Understands WordPress architecture and knows how to perform database and code optimization for WordPress
– Proficiency in JSON
– Understanding of Web Security
– Proficiency in AWS and Pinpoint
– Proficiency with Bit Bucket
– A thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
– Strong understanding of responsive web design techniques
– An ability to work on multiple projects and tasks at the same time
– Great attention to detail and highly organized
– A positive and upbeat attitude with the ability to learn quickly
– Has worked with Microsoft 365
– Familiar with Slack
– Knowledge of Agile frameworks (i.e. Scrum) and has worked with Jira
– Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field, or an equivalent level of experience
– A portfolio (by URL) of previous projects, code samples of API’s written, or other previous work may be requested of all qualified candidates
We are allowing the option to work remotely.
Please note that SirsiDynix is not currently pursuing the sponsorship of visas for those that require an H1B.
At SirsiDynix, we make software for libraries. Libraries buy books from vendors, keep track of the books in their systems, and distribute the books to library users. The software we build helps them do that (and a lot more). We make products that:
Give libraries the power of cloud computing
Make it easy for library users to check out ebooks
Let libraries use new technology like tablets and smartphones
Make searching the library as easy as searching Google or Amazon
Give libraries innovative ways to increase budgets by offering new services
We help more than 23,000 libraries answer the questions posed by new technology and changes in society. Are you ready to join us?
SirsiDynix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, sex, or age and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.