Are you an awesome developer with proficiency in English?
Do you know your way around WordPress & WooCommerce? Do you love building software that solves actual problems for real people? Does working with a fun globalized team sound awesome to you?
We are looking for a Product Engineer to join our fully remote, international team at Saucal. Apply now if you aspire to help thriving eCommerce businesses solve some of their biggest technical challenges.
Who we are
Saucal is a web development partner for eCommerce businesses. We build, enhance, and maintain online stores and extensions powered by the most popular eCommerce platform: WooCommerce for WordPress. We are certified WooCommerce experts and WordPress VIP Partners. Our team is made up of some of the best online store builders in the world, all of them process-driven, creative problem solvers. How good are we? WooCommerce uses us to help them with their products.
Our clients are digitally savvy brands that either don’t have the necessary inhouse talent they need or whose awesome team is already stretched to its capacity (sometimes beyond). We integrate seamlessly with any team to give our customers the best experience and help them thrive. We bring process to random, order to chaos, and calm to overwhelm.
What You’ll Do
- Work on big projects with complex scopes that require attention to detail and a systematic approach.
- Envision, architecture, build and deploy WordPress-based sites and WooCommerce-based stores, extending their out-of-the-box features by using third-party software or custom code (depending on what’s best for each case).
- Envision, prototype and build complex extensions that add highly specialized functionality to WordPress or WooCommerce, or integrate other platforms with them.
- Conduct audits on online sites and stores in order to identify actionable steps to make them perform better.
- Collaborate with product managers and designers in order to assess the feasibility and ensure the value of what we agree to build for the customer.
- Elaborate and discuss suitable technical approaches to deliver required functionalities.
- Provide technical support and answer customer requests during implementation and/or when bugs arise.
- Collaborate with QA engineers to fix identified issues.
- Document code and use version control in Git following GitFlow or a similar workflow.
- Review the work of your peers.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Proficiency in WordPress and WooCommerce.
- Up to date with the latest coding standards and best practices (workflows, functions, hooks, performance recommendations, etc) of the community behind WordPress.
- If you focus on backend: excellent PHP and MySQL skills, and experience with JS, HTML, CSS, and React.
- If you focus on frontend: excellent JS, HTML, CSS, and React skills, and experience with PHP and MySQL.
- Knowledge of tools like SASS, Gulp, npm, xDebug, Docker, etc, is not exclusive, but definitely a plus.
- Ability to work autonomously and to keep a consistent schedule.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 100% remote.
- Our usual office hours are flexible around 9am to 5pm EST/EDT. You are expected to work about 5-7 net hours which you can accommodate according to your timezone, keeping at least 3h for collaboration within that time frame.
What we offer
- We offer a competitive salary based on your experience.
- Paid vacations.
- Parental leave.
- Team retreats.
- Saucal uses a time tracking software called Hubstaff.
- A computer with a webcam, a microphone, and a reliable internet connection are required. All applicants must bring their own device.
- Selected applicants will be asked to do a test task.
- Based on the test task evaluation, the successful applicant will be hired on a 3 month trial basis.
- After the 3 month trial period, the successful applicant will have a performance review to determine their final role and salary.
- You can learn more about us at saucal.com, or meet the team here.
A bit about us:
- We’re Certified WooExperts
- We are also WordPress VIP partners
- We build and maintain plugins for some of the largest names in WooCommerce: Salesforce, Facebook, Amazon Pay
- Here are some dope sites we maintain, long time customers of ours: Phlearn, Output, No Pong
- We’re HQ’d in Canada, but we’re a a global team in 9 different countries, with team members in North and South America and the EU.
- Our developers are mostly senior, focused primarily high performance dev (speed, scaling), and front end (newest WC interfaces, for example).