Experience level: Mid-Level / Senior
Role: Frontend / Backend WebApp Developer
Angular 2 (or other JS frameworks) / PHP / Java
PlayFusion are looking for talented WebApp developers to join our technology development team. As part of the core team you will have a voice in how our current and future products will be taken forward. We want to hear from highly capable engineers who have a strong passion for games and the software needed to make them a reality. Your job will have you taking ownership of the technical solutions involved, working both independently and as part of a team.
We want to make exciting and useful interactive experiences for users on both the web and on mobile, preferably using the same components for both. You can help us to develop our capabilities in this area, shaping our approach using whatever technologies are appropriate.
We offer a highly competitive above-market benefits package, an on-site gym, and a free lunch every day. The PlayFusion Adventure Academy also offers opportunities for high performing individuals to undertake team challenges and adventures every year. In 2017, 21 members of the team climbed Mount Kilimanjaro!
This year, PlayFusion won two TIGA Games Industry awards, for best technical innovation and for best small independent studio. Maybe you can help us to expand our trophy cabinet in the years to come!
- Contribute to the implementation of our platform for deploying frontend and backend services.
- Help identify and resolve potential issues in the development pipeline.
- Implement and iterate on gameplay systems that provide engaging experiences for our players.
- Create and maintain high quality software documentation.
- Regularly switch between multiple projects potentially written in different programming languages.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering/scientific subject.
- Demonstrable experience with Angular.js, Angular 2, React, Ember.js or a similar JS framework. Experience with TypeScript is preferable.
- Experience in development for smart phones and other touchscreen devices.
- Experience writing scripting languages (e.g. Python, Shell Scripting).
- Experience with version control (e.g. Git).
- Familiarity with any database technology (e.g. PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Spark, CouchDB).
- Demonstrable experience in Java, C# or similar
- Demonstrable experience with WordPress / PHP
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud services.
- Please ensure you include a resume and cover letter and a link to your portfolio if applicable.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK. The position is based in Cambridge, England.