Performance Foundry is looking for a Front-end or Full-stack Developer specialized in WordPress development to join our company.
We’re a fully remote company, and ideal candidates for this role will have experience in, or desire for, remote working and will be living between UTC and UTC-6 timezones (Europe, Americas).
Fluent written and spoken English is mandatory.
What would you do in a month working with us?
- Implement the front-end of a WordPress site using design specifications provided by our designers
- Create a new page template based on the client’s existing theme without sacrificing the original theme design
- Help a client set up a new plugin and implement a custom design for it’s widget
- Analyze a website and improve Google Core Web Vitals results using available data
- Revise our own starter theme and add the new procedures you learned on a Core Web Vitals review to ensure we start from the right place the next time we use it.
- Man our support team for 2 hours a day and answer multiple WordPress related questions with the help of our Knowledge Base and support team specialists.
- Teach yourself some new skills!
- End your day earlier on a Friday to have a few beers with friends! All your work is under control, hit all your deadlines and you deserve it! 🙂
Are you humble, curious, have a great eye for details and thrive when solving a new challenge?
Keep reading, we might be a great fit for you!
As a Front-end developer at Performance Foundry, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the front-end implementation follows the provided prototype.
- Follow front-end best practices to ensure good Core Web Vitals scores.
- Develop small WordPress plugins or implement changes in existing plugins, with our back-end team support.
- Write high quality code with readability, efficiency and maintainability in mind.
- Improve our internal tools, libraries and standards.
- Working with other team members to diagnose and solve different bugs.
- Solving client support requests.
- Strong communication skills
- Desire to take ownership of your work and tasks
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Excited to be part of a team with the potential for a long term relationship
- Fluent English speaker
Minimum Knowledge & Experience
- 3+ years experience working as a front-end developer
- 1+ year experience working with WordPress
- Demonstrable team experience, remote or in person
Bonus Knowledge & Experience
- Experience with git, continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
- Experience with JS application frameworks like React
- Experience with Gutenberg libraries and API
- Experience with Sketch, Zeplin or Similar tools
- Experience building WordPress themes from scratch
- Experience building WordPress plugins
- Remote work experience
Working at Koru Group
Performance Foundry is a Koru Group brand. A role at Koru Group means being part of a global team of engaged, curious and humble people, doing the best for our clients together.
Because we work remotely, it’s important to be connected in our work, in our professional communities, and our personal lives. Care about your colleagues, connect in person as you travel, stay in touch even when you are far away. You’re working, but you’re a person, not a machine.While we have standard processes, we never stop learning, changing, or improving: we are curious people. We like to learn, and we like to teach, improving ourselves and making the whole team stronger.
We all have things we like to do and areas we love to specialize in, but being part of a team means doing what needs to be done. Nothing is too good for us, or “not my job” – We actively look for ways to make our colleagues’ work easier.
During your time with Koru Group, you might touch many parts of the business, but the job description highlights your main responsibilities.
Koru Group Ltd has a virtual team with staff either traveling or working from their own homes and/or cafes and co-working spaces. We celebrate and enjoy the freedom and creativity this brings, but realize it can be hard to know how much work to do.
You will be responsible for tracking your own time and hours, but you will be expected to work around 40 hours a week from Monday to Saturday with at least 25 hours being during local business hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).There will be some compulsory meetings to attend each week.
As a global team, there are people working in every timezone. You do not need to respond to messages outside of your work hours, except in case of emergency or for pre-arranged meetings.
In some cases, you may be asked to work over a particular time range to achieve a project goal. We expect you to make every effort to achieve this.
We may run staff/contractor meet-ups or help finance conference or similar professional development opportunities from time to time in locations around the world. If invited, we hope you will attend if possible.
Applications open in https://performancefoundry.com/hiring-wordpress-front-end-developer/
About Performance Foundry
We help businesses make an impact online through strategy, design, development and ongoing partnerships.
We'd like to become the best WordPress services business in the world. Want to join us?