Work in The Last Frontier – live in a city filled with great restaurants, breweries, arts & greenspace yet also steps from the wilds of Alaska!
MSI Communications is seeking a Jr. Web Developer to assist with WordPress website development and a wide variety of digital marketing projects, including landing pages and other SEO implementation.
Our ideal candidate would excel with minimal supervision, proactively find solutions to problems, and be able to communicate with clients and the rest of our team effectively.
This is an excellent growth opportunity in a rapidly growing department. You will have projects for a wide variety of industries and web goals.
This position requires a highly focused individual who can maintain and support a large workload of many small to medium web-related tasks for a substantial portfolio of website clients. Understanding of website coding best practices is a must.
About MSI Communications
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2+ years’ experience of working in a Web Developer or Web Programmer position
- Proficiency using PHP and MySQL
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (LESS and SCSS)
- Experience with responsive web design and frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Experience with CMS systems like WordPress, WooCommerce
- Experience with website performance optimization, SEO, and website analytics
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility and web standards
- Experience with website security
- Strong problem solving skills with a creative approach
- Strong organizational skills with a good ability to prioritize tasks
- Good ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Version control experience like GitHub a plus