We’re looking for a talented and experienced digital project manager in North America. We’re a WordPress agency so hopefully you have run some projects with the platform.
If you are drawn to order like a moth to a flame, then drop us a line. If you like maintaining lists and seeing team members make progress because you set them up to succeed, then you are perfect for this gig.
For this role specifically, you should feel comfortable wrangling a chaotic digital media project into an organized one. You should ask lots of questions and feel a need to. We are hoping you will not just project manage, but understand the project, the business goals and engage in the technology enough to be able to anticipate scope, budget and timeline challenges.
If you are skilled in agile, waterfall and whatever-suits-the-project techniques, then we should talk.
To be transparent, this is NOT a Digital Producer role. We have Strategists that you will be working with as well as UX team members. This gig is about organization and management more than it is about creative input.
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Fluent English speaker
Required Knowledge & Experience
- At least 5 years of experience working as a PM, ideally on a distributed web design / dev team
- Experience with agile and waterfall management styles
- Experience producing large CMS powered websites
- A whiz when it comes to online collaboration tools (you feel at home when we talk about Slack, Google Hangout, Google Docs, Dropbox or any number of online PM tools)
- Experience managing projects with budgets of at least $100k ($250k preferred)
Additional Experience (Bonus Points)
- Experience with WordPress
- Technical experience as a frontend or backend developer
- Experience with enterprise level web development projects
- Design experience
Your primary responsibility is to shepherd the project to success. We pride ourselves on our projects arriving on time, on scope, on budget with a happy team and customer. You will create confidence through organization and oversee communication. To do this, you will need to:
- Manage scope, timeline and budget execution
- Manage expectations for everyone on a project including the team, the account managers, and the customer
- Run scrums and other status meetings
- Review team hours
- Write SOWs
- Review budget
- Set up and maintain tickets in the management system
- Manage collection of assets and information from the customer
- Perform meeting prep, prepare agendas, and handle all follow up
- Produce weekly and monthly summary reports
Given the nature of this role, we’re exclusively seeking applicants located in North America who have a perfect command of the English language. Please do not apply if you are not totally fluent in English or are located / work outside of traditional U.S. business hours.
This role will either be a freelance, contract gig (15-20 hours per week at a rate of $50-$60 USD), or a full-time salaried gig (40 hours per week with compensation based on experience) depending on the winning candidate’s skills. For transparency: you will need to demonstrate true abilities as a “lead” to qualify for the salaried route.
Interested? Head over to our website application form via the link on this page. Make sure you read the How To Apply section before submitting!
About Modern Tribe
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY - Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL - Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS - It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE - Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success