Lede is building the most approachable platform for emerging publishers to connect with their communities and create sustainable businesses, and we need a software developer excited to contribute.
We’re not looking for rockstars, zombies or magicians. We’re looking for motivated, creative, and resourceful developers who take pride in their work and want to be part of our mission to help new publishers launch and grow their businesses.
Lede is a startup backed by Alley Group, an agency with more than a decade of experience working with some of the largest publishers in the industry. It’s the best of both worlds: we can move quickly, guided by our own product priorities and offer substantial equity to members of the founding team, and we have the support of our parent company for operations so we can focus on what matters most—building an innovative product.
Software Developers at Lede need to be well-rounded technologists who have a holistic understanding of the web technology stacks that we work with, are excited about keeping our team at the cutting edge, and are eager to work with publishers to help them solve interesting and novel business problems.
Lede is an equal opportunity employer and we seek to increase diversity in the tech industry. We encourage applications from women, Black people, indigenous people, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, people with disabilities, and other communities traditionally underrepresented in this field.
For information on our hiring process and what it’s like to work at Lede, please check out our FAQ. If you have any questions about our hiring process, please contact us at [email protected]
- We make extensive use of Next.js, React, Node, and related tooling, including webpack. Experience with some or all of these is essential, and experience with TypeScript and GraphQL are a plus.
- Experience integrating with a large content management backend is a major plus.
- Lede prides itself on its ability to address unusual, novel, and complex problems that deal with the intersection of technology, business, and content production. You should understand and be able to discuss web technologies and systems conceptually, and be able to learn a new language, technology stack, or framework quickly if the need arises.
- You should feel comfortable with command line tools that go along with JS development, including Git, npm, Node, unit testing frameworks, and continuous integration systems.
- We apply Scrum as a development methodology, and broadly endorse Agile as a philosophy. You must be open to working this way as well, and prior experience is a plus.
- You should also have very strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to wield them with team members and stakeholders.
- We look for team members with a stylistic appreciation of what makes code good and readable, and a committed attitude about documentation, user stories, and collaboration.