We are looking for a super talented CMS / WordPress Developer to create and manage an amazing online user experience to complement the products and services we will begin offering mid-next year.
The ideal candidate should have an eye for creating clean and artful websites and landing pages with superior UI/UX design skills. You must be a great team player who enjoys the process of collaborating with other team members to lead the process from sketch to fully implemented high-quality, beautiful, intuitive, and functional websites and landing pages.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate UI/UX design wireframes to actual code.
- Developing ideas for and implementing new features to enhance the user experience over time.
- Striking a fine balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Bridge the gap between our existing graphic design and brand requirements and our back end developer team’s technical integration needs.
- Provide regular ongoing website maintenance and version enhancements.
- Building reusable, scalable code for future use and enhancement.
- Conducting website testing, QA, and bug fixing as needed.
- Ensuring website functions well and dynamically with stability across most popular devices today (desktop, mobile, tablet).
- Have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems such as WordPress or Joomla! to be able to manage and support fully customizable templates in an efficient and current manner.
- Working with marketing, strategy, and research teams to incorporate brand elements and relevant market research findings into the sites and pages.
- Maintaining brand consistency and requirements throughout all design.
- Collaborate with back-end developers and marketing teams to ensure web and app logic and tracking are properly integrated.
- Collaborate daily with Brand Manager for social media integrations.
- Strong understanding of SEO and landing page optimization.
- Ability to work remotely and independently from your chosen location while comfortable collaborating regularly with team members through scheduled video calls, and Slack &/or Signal for ongoing regular project communications.
Languages and Platforms
- WordPress, Joomla, or Drupal.
- 3 years minimum experience in CMS development.
- Have a portfolio including websites built from scratch or from purchased pre-made templates that you customized for a project—both set up for scale to a large user base ideally in 2 or more languages.
- Solid problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Fast internet connection to support regular video calls with the team located around the world
- Experience in web design isn’t necessarily needed but will be looked upon very favorably.
We are looking to find someone to become a long-term valuable member of our core team. The initial agreement would be project-based and focused on a 6 month to 1 year period of specific deliverables, with an initial 1 month paid trial period to best gauge mutual fit.
Compensation and performance-based bonus structure determined based upon experience and discussion with senior team members in charge of filling this position.
About Harmony Group
The Harmony Group is a recently formed social venture creating and launching new unique global impact projects focused on making a positive impact on the lives of people, animals and the environment.