The Fourth Estate is seeking a talented WordPress Designer / Developer to become a part of our development team
This is a part-time, contract, position that will responsible for design and development of a variety of WordPress projects from start to completion.
We run WordPress multisite on a Linux-OpenLiteSpeed-MariaDB-PHP stack, and we’re heavily dependent on Paid Memberships Pro and add-ons.
This is 70% development and 30% design.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Design well coded, modern, visually appealing, creative websites within WordPress.
- Develop and customize elements on new and existing WordPress websites.
- Work with a comprehensive library of WordPress themes and plugins given the project specifications.
- Manipulate and create images and graphics to support website development.
- Troubleshoot advance PHP, MySQL, and CSS issues related to WordPress websites.
- Produce original website / mobile site layouts and execute layout revisions to them in a rapid and accurate manner.
- Be extremely organized in communicating with internal and external clients, following detailed instructions, and working effectively and efficiently.Essential Skills
- Deep understanding of the WordPress codebase, coding standards, block editor,plugin and theme development best practices.
- Deep experience with Paid Memberships Pro including custom code recipes, custom plugins and other customizations.
- Experience developing and maintaining WordPress themes and plugins..
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Proficiency with localization and translation needs for WordPress plugins, including knowledge of the GlotPress Translation Manager.
- Experience with responsive design and accessibility.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to workaround them.
- Proficient understanding of Git, a code versioning tool used by our team.
This is a remote position and reports to our Washington, DC office, applicants anywhere in the world are encouraged to apply.
We would expect this to start 10-20 hours per week with the intention to ramp up to full time hour over a few months if we work well together.
Contract compensation rates will vary based on the candidate’s country of residence.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract