Hello! Our agency is growing and looking for talent on a regular basis.
We are all distributed across the US+Canada, as are our clients.
We offer full service to our customers: meaning from start to end, so marketing through design to coding, security, hosting and more.
We’re looking for one or more WordPress freelancers who have experience working from home, using Skype while they work to stay connected and are good at self managing themselves, letting us know their availability [changes] and turning around assigned tasks within mutually agreed upon [agreeable] timeframes.
You should be a native / fluent English speaker. You also need a working webcam for meetings. Human interactions are important to us.
We’re looking most urgently for the following skill sets – not everything here is essential, but the more notes you hit – the better:
- WordPress site building
- Knowledgeable in WordPress plugins [can compare and make recommendations]
- WordPress theming [editing premades and building from scratch or on a framework]
- Design sensibility – so not necessarily a designer, but you can work with say a premade theme to make it look agreeable
- Front end skills – you can fix errors in css, check browsers, match pixels to a design; if needed
- GIT workflow – you can pull code, merge, commit and push back without hestiation
- Deployment 101 – you know enough about servers to deploy WordPress between a stage and live site without sweating that the live site will go down forever
Bonus skills: we’re small and lean and value lots of hats. Make sure we know if you can also:
- Know Wordfence plugin well = virus scans, virus cleans, protecting wordpress sites
- Write custom WordPress plugins
- Can write mySQL queries in PHP and build up custom tables in WordPress
- Can sysadmin, LAMP stack skills, AWS
- Know other CMSs like Drupal, Shopify, Redmine
- Know other languages like Ruby on Rails, AngularJS
- Design / illustrate
- Project Manage
- Marketing skills [SEO, SEM, adwords others]