If you’re a skilled WordPress developer, you’ve built themes and plugins from scratch, have an eye for good design and agree that the future of publishing needs to be built for mobile first, read on!
We create our own plugins and themes, with a focus on mobile apps and progressive web apps. This is an opportunity for you to work on new WordPress products using a mobile framework designed for hybrid apps and progressive web apps.
You’ll be working with the company founder, our product manager, our WordPress plugin developer and iOS and Android developers.
You’ll design and build new products, WordPress themes and plugins. We’re looking for someone with the ability and interest to lead product development and work independently.
This is an opportunity for you to make an impact on new projects from an established business. We are looking for a hard working developer with a desire to make a real difference for our customers and for the business.
We’re looking to add a team member, so personality fit and contributing to a great work environment is also key.
You’ll work from wherever you want and you’re free to set your daily schedule, as long as you put in the hours and produce results, we don’t mind when you do so. We have daily video standup meetings and weekly recaps. We communicate mainly with Zoom and Slack, Trello and documentation. We love what we do and we work very hard, but we expect you to have a life outside of work.
We offer a competitive salary based on your experience level and all the freedom of remote work.
Skills and Requirements:
– Strong experience in WordPress plugin and theme development
– Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
– Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
– Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
– Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
– An eye for design and good UX
– Full stack developer, you can cover frontend design and development
– Experienced with GIT and SVN
– Commitment to meet deadlines and deliver above expectations
– Time management skills – you’re on time and communicate promptly
– Great communication skills and written English
– Self motivated and positive attitude
What’s in it for you:
– The opportunity to make a big impact on something new
– Work directly with key decision makers – no bureaucracy
– Work with cutting edge technology
– All the flexibility of remote work
– Work in a casual yet fast paced environment
– Paid time off, vacation, team retreats
We’re not accepting applications from recruiters, agencies or teams. We’re looking to add a new full time member to our team.
About Fifty Pixels Ltd
Fifty Pixels' main product, MobiLoud, helps WordPress site owners and publishers turn their website into native mobile apps. We run two products/services built on our own native app platforms, the first is aimed at news publishers, the second has the potential to provide solutions for all sorts of WordPress website. We're building the team that will build the next mobile app solution designed for and built on WordPress.