Associate Web Developer – WordPress
The Associate Web Developer will work directly with the Associate Director of Digital Strategy and Design to support the development of diverse web applications for clients and the agency. In addition, you will work closely with other team members to understand how to best use digital design to promote client goals, meet specific digital objectives, and create engaging, user-friendly experiences across different platforms, browsers, and devices.
You will be also responsible for a mix of research and design activities to support the projects and deliverables of the Associate Director of Digital Strategy and Design.
Essential Job Duties
- Participate in professional development and learning activities to continuously improve leadership, management, project management, and coding skills
- Read and reflect on agency readings; connect readings to short- and long-term goals for team and agency
- Participate in agency team meetings, professional development check-ins, and other internal meetings, as needed
- Maintain high-level of organization for digital files and materials
Web and App Design and Development (85%)
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with creative project managers and other project leads
- Maintain and manage internal and external client relationships
- Support the management and maintenance of multiple websites, including updating WordPress core files, themes, and plugins; adding or updating email addresses; and troubleshooting hosting and domain issues
- Identify and troubleshoot user experience (UX) problems
- Complete layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards based on client style guide and/or branding
- Identify problems, research solutions, and collaborate with the team to devise plans to solve UX issues
- Provide feedback on enhancements with the development and design team
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle the pressure of meeting tight deadlines
- Intrinsically motivated self-starter, team player, critical thinker, and effective communicator
- A healthy dose of curiosity
- Basic knowledge of WordPress CMS
- Experience working with cPanel preferred
- Ability to prioritize given tasks and work efficiently towards completing them
- Strong problem solver and analytical thinker
Compensation commensurate with experience.
About Fahrenheit Creative Group, LLC
We are a Black-owned, full service marketing communications firm in Jackson, Mississippi. We work closely with our clients to develop and deliver strategic communications plans and powerful, creative designs that support their missions, amplify their work, and produce meaningful outcomes.
We firmly believe in equity, justice, community, and learning, which is why we strive to practice and promote those values in our offices and advance those ideals through our work.