Endoh Collaborative is looking for full-stack WordPress Developers to add to our contractors’ roster. If you’re a thoughtful, passionate, and experienced WordPress developer interested in putting your skills towards meaningful work that makes the world a better place we’d love to hear from you!
What we expect from you
We form close-knit teams of contractors where everyone is expected to work collaboratively. Your role will be to not only do the hands-on work of producing code but also to share your experience towards making accessible, performant, and secure websites.
- be comfortable developing WordPress themes and plugins through thorough knowledge of the platform, using hooks, leveraging APIs, all while ensuring high ratings for accessibility, performance, and security
- work collaboratively with all team members which includes communicating with integrity – openly, transparently, frequently, and with kindness; this also includes being involved throughout the project – reviewing and offering technical feedback on design mockups, reviewing technical questions from clients and devising technical strategies
- be a part of project scope, budget, and timeline estimations – taking pride in hitting the goals
What we require
- at least 5 years experience in custom WordPress development, especially back-end development
- deep understanding of WordPress theme and plugin development
- reasonable comfort level when working with and learning new third-party APIs (SalesForce for example)
- skillfull at front-end development using semantic HTML markup and elegant responsive CSS approaches (Grid, Flexbox) that prioritize accessibility
- attention to detail, particularly delivering complete functional requirements and pixel-perfect designs
- working grasp of modern development workflows (Git and Gulp)
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- working grasp of accessibility best practices (WCAG compliance requirements)
- good sense of performance and security best practices and working knowledge of optimizing for these
Bonus points for
- familiarity with WordPress Coding Standards
- experience building design systems (modular libraries where elements work well together)
- experience migrating content from other CMSs (Drupal, Django etc.)
- experience with mapping services (MapTiler, Mapbox etc.)
- experience building and creating connections to custom databases
- experience working with multilingual websites
- experience with ACF, Gravity Forms
- a fun personality delivered with professionalism is always a plus!
What we provide
- competitive hourly (and per-project) compensation (up to $150 CAD/hr depending on your experience)
- a supportive community of like-minded fellow freelancers
- a fun and stimulating work environment that encourages continued learning
- possibility to convert to full-time
About Endoh Collaborative
We’re a feminist digital agency that believes in using our powers for good by helping nonprofits, arts & culture and socially responsible organizations grow, thrive, and make a lasting positive impact.
Our collaborative is comprised of Sasha Endoh’s network of talented and experienced web professionals, independent design studios, and agencies of all sizes. Sasha leads all of our projects and manages the work of our close-knit teams. The exact members of each project team are chosen based on unique project needs and goals to offer the right mix of skillsets to make each project a success.