TITLE: Full-Stack Developer – WordPress / WooCommerce
Our company is a manufacturer and ecommerce retailer of firearms parts and accessories, based in Minnesota, USA.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Full Stack Developer (WordPress / WooCommerce). This is a full-time, long-term position.
Benefits of this position include:
- Exciting, challenging work with a fun team
- Ability to work from home or the location of your choice
- Reimbursement for private health insurance costs
- Paid time off, paid holidays
More details on pay and benefits are provided below.
Please note: the working hours of this position will be from 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday-Friday, US Central Time.
To apply for this job, you must use the link at the bottom of this job posting. Other methods of application will not be accepted.
Site and software development:
- Maintain WordPress/WooCommerce website, including plugin updates, bug fixes, monitoring, troubleshooting, and improving site performance
- Run experiments and test new site features using Google Optimize
- Integrate various systems using REST API’s, custom data feeds, etc.
- Create custom back-end applications (using LAMP stack, etc)
- Coordinate and communicate with other team members and 3rd parties to gather requirements and deploy features
Testing and Documentation:
- Thoroughly test all site changes (on both staging and production environment)
- Write clean, well-documented code, and maintain site & software knowledge base for internal use
- Use Github to manage workflow and code deployment
- Participate in 15-minute daily meeting (via google hangouts)
- Other duties and projects as needed
Required experience and skills:
- WordPress Development – 3+ years of experience – front-end and back-end development (customizing themes, building custom features and plugins,
- troubleshooting performance issues, etc)
- PHP Development – 3+ years of experience
- SQL Development – 3+ years of experience
- HTML/CSS development – 3+ years of experience
- WooCommerce Development – 1+ years of experience strongly preferred
- Experience implementing and using GIT environments and code management
- Strong database design and analytical skills
- Excellent English comprehension and communication skills
- Experience working with a variety of APIs, including REST, oAuth, SOAP
Preferred experience and skills:
- Ecommerce website experience is strongly preferred
- Website Design ability is strongly preferred
- Experience with New Relic or other application performance monitoring tools strongly preferred
- Experience with Integromat is a plus
The ideal candidate will be:
- A proficient developer who is passionate about their work – you enjoy coding, and you are good at it. You love to dig into problems and fix them. You enjoy
- learning new techniques and technologies.
- Detail-oriented, but able to move quickly when needed – you write high-quality code, thoroughly tested and documented. But when the site goes down, you
- jump into action and fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- A skilled problem solver – you will spend as much time as is needed to investigate a problem and find a solution.
- Proficient in English writing and speaking – you must be able to clearly communicate with the rest of our team
Computer and Software Requirements and Systems Used
- Required: High-speed, reliable internet – minimum 5 MBPS – 10MBPS+ preferred
- Required: Backup location for work in the case of internet issues
- Required: Modern, up-to-date computer that can handle the tasks of the job
- Some of the software used for your job (provided by the employer): Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Hangouts (video conferencing), Slack, Hubstaff, Github
- 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday-Friday US Central Time (40 hours per week)
- Will use Hubstaff or similar tool to track hours and quality
The perks of this position include:
- Reimbursement for health insurance premiums
- 10 days of paid time off
- Paid US Holidays
- Other rewards based on performance
Our Core Values:
We screen for these values in the hiring process. If you don’t fit these values, this may not be a good workplace for you.
Focus on the customer
- Learn to think like a customer
- Provide an experience that creates raving fans
- Solve problems as they arise
- Value simplicity
- Own up to your mistakes; then go fix them
- Be proactive – jump in and help where needed
- Embrace change
- Learn continuously – develop yourself
Better Every Day
- Small improvements get big results
- Give your best effort every day
How to Apply:
Please fill out our simple online job application by visiting this URL: