Developer – WooCommerce / WordPress
Our company is an ecommerce retailer of firearms parts and accessories, based in Minnesota, USA.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced WooCommerce / WordPress Developer. This is a full-time, long-term position.
Benefits of this position include:
- Exciting, challenging work with a fun, friendly, and talented team
- Ability to work from home or the location of your choice
- Health insurance reimbursement
- Paid time off, paid holidays
- Opportunities to advance your career with a fast-growing company
We also offer competitive pay that’s based on your experience and skills.
Please note: the working hours of this position will be from 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday-Friday, US Central Time.
Apply for this position at this URL:
Who we’re looking for:
- A proficient developer who is passionate about their work – you enjoy coding, and you are good at it. You love to dig into problems and fix them. You enjoy learning new techniques and technologies.
- Detail-oriented, but able to move quickly when needed – you write high-quality code, thoroughly tested and documented. But when the site has an urgent issue, you jump into action and fix the problem as quickly as possible.
- A skilled problem solver – you will spend as much time as is needed to investigate a problem and find a solution.
- Able to communicate in English (writing and speaking) – to be able to communicate with the rest of the team
Site and software development:
- Maintain WordPress/WooCommerce website, including plugin updates, bug fixes, monitoring, troubleshooting, and improving site performance
- Run experiments and test new site features using Google Optimize
- Integrate various systems using REST API’s, custom data feeds, etc.
- Coordinate and communicate with other team members and 3rd parties to gather requirements and deploy features
Testing and Documentation:
- Thoroughly test all site changes (on both staging and production environment)
- Write clean, well-documented code, and maintain site & software knowledge base for internal use
- Use Github for versioning control, code review and code deployment
- Participate in 15-minute daily meeting (via google hangouts) and weekly Sprint Meetings
- Other duties and projects as needed
Required experience and skills:
- WordPress Development – 3+ years of experience – front-end and back-end development (customizing themes, building custom features, troubleshooting performance issues, etc)
- WooCommerce Development – 1+ years of experience strongly preferred
- PHP Development – 3+ years of experience
- SQL – 3+ years of experience
- HTML/CSS – 3+ years of experience
- Experience implementing and using GIT environments and code management
- Strong database design and analytical skills
- English comprehension and communication skills
- Experience working with a variety of APIs
Preferred experience and skills
- Ecommerce website experience is strongly preferred
- Experience with SASS is strongly preferred
- Experience with New Relic or other application performance monitoring tools strongly preferred
- Experience with Gulp or Webpack is a plus
- Experience with Integromat, Make, or Zapier is a plus
Computer and Software Requirements and Systems Used
- Required: High-speed, reliable internet – minimum 5 MBPS – 10MBPS+ preferred
- Required: Backup location for work in the case of internet issues
- Required: A computer that can handle the tasks of the job
- Some of the software used for your job (provided by the employer): Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Meet (video conferencing), Slack, Clickup, Github
- 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday-Friday US Central Time (40 hours per week)
How to Apply:
Please fill out our simple online job application by visiting this URL: