About the job
Dekode are looking for a front-end developer, with the ability to think for themselves, and can help us push the boundaries of useful and visually stunning user interfaces. You will be part of a friendly and highly skilled cross disciplinary team. We are not looking for superstars, but a person who wants to be part of, and contribute to a team with high ambitions.
Who are we?
Dekode is a Norwegian company that offers consulting, design and development of websites on WordPress, and prepares mobile-adapted web solutions for a number of different clients. We are proud to be one of the 12 WordPress VIP gold partners, having a team that both cares for and contributes to the open source community.
Our goal is to create digital tools that help our customers become more independent. Take a look here if you are curious to know more about us and our clients.
Dekode has its headquarters in Oslo (Norway), but we also have remote employees in several locations in Norway as well as Romania, the Netherlands, Sweden and the UK.
We are looking for
You are working form a European country, so that we are more or less in the same time zone. If you can join one of our offices in Oslo, Lillehammer (Norway) or București (Romania) that would be really great!
We hope that you have at least 2-3 years of relevant work experience as a full stack or frontend developer and that you have worked with WordPress in an enterprise perspective in previous jobs or while doing freelance work.
We will expect you to refer to projects that cover relevant technologies (we always want to see code) and that you are proud of the fact that your code is structured, scalable and robust.
We are process driven, and we expect you to be able to follow guidelines, and work in a structured manner. All of our developers help identify, describe and scope tasks.
We think you are the type of developer that stays up to date on the latest technologies. And that you have experience with Agile project management including story breakdown and estimation.
We expect that you speak and write English fluently, as many of your colleagues will have another native language than yourself and your middle ground is English (though it is a plus if you speak and write Norwegian too).
We believe the right candidate is responsible, caring, pragmatic and communicative (we consider these qualities necessary for success in the role). We hope you have a “happy to help“ attitude. We also hope that you sincerely believe that we work better together than alone – and that you are able to work in a cross disciplinary team even if you do not physically meet.
We hope you are confident enough to admit mistakes and lack of skills, and that you see this as an opportunity to learn and improve yourself.
The ideal candidate will
- Strong skills and understanding of semantic and user friendly HTML
- Familiarity with Node and tools such as webpack
- Strong CSS skills, and a genuine interest in making things look good and precise.
- Know their way in WordPress, and are not afraid of writing some php
- A good understanding of browser accessibility
- A good understanding of SEO and structured data
- Experience with integrating towards different endpoints such as with CMS / CRM
It will be a big plus if you have
- Experience with Gutenberg, building blocks from scratch.
- Experience with WooCommerce
What can Dekode offer you?
- The opportunity to be part of a strong professional environment for both consulting, development and design.
- Flex hour scheme and an employer that strives for work-life balance for all employees.
- Flexibility in terms of when and where you work.
- Baby bonus.
- We trust our employees and measure performance and actual deliveries rather than activity.
- The opportunity to attend relevant courses and conferences.
- A supportive environment where help is always accessible
- No pointy elbows, but good atmosphere.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Competence development plan and close follow-up from both team leader and focus lead.
- New laptop when you need it and new mobile every two years.
- The office equipment you need, also in terms of ergonomics for the home office.
- Social gatherings regularly throughout the year. We believe that when we know each other better, we understand each other better, and cooperate better.
- Yearly company retreat.
- Company cabin at Trysil, Norway
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new frontend developer? Then we’d love to hear about you!
Application deadline: As soon as possible.
Start date: Let us figure that out together.
All applications will be treated with confidentiality.
Any questions? Please reach out to our people operations manager at [email protected]
Have we convinced you yet?
If not, let our developers do the job for us.
Already convinced, great!