Cornershop Creative (https://cornershopcreative.com) is seeking an awesome, U.S.-based WordPress developer to join our 20+ distributed team.
The core responsibility for this position will be building and styling WordPress-based websites, typically from a premium WordPress theme, for our non-profit and small business clients.
We are looking for a great designer with demonstrable WordPress skills and experience. This position will be responsible for interpreting client requirements and turning them into beautiful websites by creating wireframes and design mockups; installing and configuring WordPress themes and plugins; using page builders to implement designs and populate content; optimizing web pages for performance, accessibility and SEO; and maintaining brand consistency across entire sites.
Our ideal candidate is a hard-working, curious self-starter comfortable working independently with little supervision, but also able to work as part of a team that includes developers and non-developers. Since we’re a permanently distributed shop (not just during the pandemic), you’ll get to work from home! Cool, right?
- Experience building beautiful, content-rich pages in Gutenberg, Elementor, and/or other page builders
- Basic understanding of the WordPress theme layer: template files and hierarchy, hooks, WP_Query, and so on. Experience creating or writing a plugin a PLUS
- General knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 markup and CSS
- Strong knowledge of SEO best practices and WCAG 2.1 guidelines
- Experience with CSS preprocessors & libraries (particularly SASS)
- Familiarity with current (and evolving) best practices in front-end dev regarding semantics, performance, cross-browser consistency, accessibility, speed optimization, etc.
- Wireframe, UI experience and excellent web design skills not required but a PLUS
- Ability to laugh at our stupid jokes (and the occasional good one)
- Familiarity with command line tools like ssh, git, gulp and wp-cli
- Won’t lose your s#!% if you occasionally get feedback like “can we make the logo bigger?” or “change the padding by 1px,” which may happen despite our best efforts
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and work across multiple clients (we keep pretty busy!)
- Ability to “put yourself in someone else’s shoes” to consider the client’s (and client’s users’) needs
- Remembering to un-mute yourself before talking on conference calls
- Being passionate about progressive causes
Cornershop Creative is an award-winning online services agency committed to listening carefully to our non-profit and small business clients and helping them achieve their goals. Our designs are beautiful, and our websites are creative and innovative. Learn more about us at https://cornershopcreative.com/.
Salary: Approximately $60,000
To apply, visit https://cornershopcreative.com/apply/ to submit:
Your résumé, which should include an indication of which US state you live and work in
A brief cover letter, explaining why you’re excited about this opportunity
If possible, links to work you’ve been involved with that we should see, such as recent websites or testimonials
US applicants only!
Please be sure to include all of these items — to save everyone valuable time we’ll throw out incomplete applications. Thanks for understanding.
Cornershop is an equal opportunity employer.
About Cornershop Creative
We design, build, and maintenance WP websites for nonprofits.