Bytion is seeking a Senior WordPress Developer & Administrator to take ownership of our WordPress/WooCommerce ecosystem, including management, functionality, optimization, security, and performance. You’ll be responsible for the end-to-end administration of 5 WordPress / WooCommerce websites, alongside a few smaller non-eCommerce WordPress websites. You’ll work with our IT team and Internal Stakeholders to optimize and improve operations, as well as working with our Project team to develop custom plugins & functionality, third-party integrations and large-scale projects.
We want someone who knows how to manage, administer and optimize WordPress & WooCommerce websites, can help us move quickly with projects and optimizing the environment for our teams, and can help deliver a constantly improving experience for our customers. If this sounds like you, we would love for you to join our team!
You’ll be Responsible for:
- Ownership — You’ll manage these 5+ High-Volume WordPress & WooCommerce Websites like they were your own, from taking care of all regular tasks, to working closely with the Product Team for larger projects
- Web Support — Supporting and optimizing productivity of internal stakeholders, including operations, customer support, content, marketing, SEO, and accounting via WordPress/WooCommerce improvements, optimizations, added functionality, identifying fixing bugs and assisting with training.
- Smart Solutions — Identifying issues, bottlenecks, or needs within our WP/WC environment, and then planning and implementing smart solutions to address the problems quickly and efficiently. For example, knowing the right third-party plugin to integrate instead of developing a custom solution, or knowing what settings to change to resolve an issue.
- Minor Coding — Taking care of minor Front-End and Back-End Development tasks, and knowing when to call for backup with the Product Team for tasks that will take up too much of your time.
- Collaboration with Product Team — Work with and provide guidance to our Product Team of Senior Developers, UX/UI Designers and Content Team for projects relating the websites.
- WooCommerce Administration — Manage all aspects of our WooCommerce environment, including products, subscriptions, variations, forms, checkout experience, payment methods, etc.
- Security — Monitoring and constantly improving the security of our websites and systems from both internal and external threats.
- Bugs — Using the strongest bug-killing spray to identify and terminate any bug that you find… Also, working with stakeholders, customers or partners to identity and fixing bugs.
- DevOps — Taking care of minor DevOps work, including optimizing and troubleshooting issues within the server environment, from compatibility & and configuration, to security and performance.
- MySQL Database Administration — Work with and managing the WordPress & WooCommerce MySQL database, from general optimizations and cleanups, to troubleshooting complex bugs.
- Optimization — Work on constantly optimizing our WordPress/WooCommerce websites and growing database
- Misc. Tasks — Managing other misc. tasks and regular duties, including but not limited to Domain & SSL Administration, CDN configurations and optimization.
- 5 Years’ minimum, experience with WordPress Administration & Development
- 3 Years’ minimum, experience with WooCommerce Administration & Development
- Experience using GitHub or BitBucket for version control in a collaborative environment
- Deep understanding of WordPress / WooCommerce plugin
- Familiar with API Integrations with WordPress / WooCommerce, including MailChimp, Zapier, Zendesk, etc.
- Excellent communicator, able to communicate and collaborate well with internal teams, both technical and non-technical
- Agile / Scrum experience
This role calls for someone that is:
- A WordPress Guru — You’ve worked with WordPress / WooCommerce for years and know it like the back of your hand.
- A Problem Solver — You can solve any problem that comes your way, and if you can’t, you know how to learn quickly or who to ask to help solve it.
- An Owner — You’re able to fully take ownership of your role and your responsibilities.
- A Collaborator — You know how to and love collaborating with your team and external teams and stakeholders to keep the machine running and constantly improving.
- Speedy Gonzales — You have a odd hatred towards things moving unnecessarily slow and take pride in getting things done as fast, efficiently and effectively as possible.
- A Polymath — WordPress & WooCommerce are your specialty, but you know a bit about everything surrounding an eCommerce business to know how to help and work with teams more efficiently, from SEO & Marketing, to Customer Support and Accounting.
- An End-User — You know and understand that your entire job revolves around the user, customer, subscriber, reader and visitor to you take their experience on the websites seriously. You constantly put yourself in their shoes to ensure their experience is the best you can provide right now
- A Scholar — You love learning and never stopped learning. You know that there are always new things to learn, especially with technology and web, and are always trying to sharpen your skills and learn the latest and greatest.