This is a unique opportunity for a skilled full stack developer to join our growing development team in a specialist role.
You will be responsible for supporting the efforts of our Marketing and Business Development teams through quick delivery of projects including website optimizations, building mini SEO tools and data-mining & data-visualization reports that will drive the next phase of our growth.
95% of our new customer acquisition comes through our website and is generated through inbound marketing. We achieve this by creating unique content, resources and online tools which attract and convert potential customers.
We have ambitious plans to improve the conversion rate of our website (www.brightlocal.com) and to build a set of mini SEO tools that allow customers to ‘try before they buy’. And once they have signed-up for BrightLocal we need to improve our understanding of user behaviour through tracking their actions and reporting on trends that inform our product roadmap.
This role is perfect for a skilled full stack developer looking to take ownership of the projects they work on, who has a keen interest in UX and usability and wants to see the direct impact of the work they do on the growth of a SaaS company.
You will be the main developer on these projects and will be responsible for determining the approach taken to implement and maximize user engagement. The projects will vary in nature and size, and will require different solutions to deliver. You will need to consider challenges such as scalability, data-storage, UX and UI so it is consistent for external and internal users.
This role requires close working with our Marketing & Business Development team.
- 3+ years of LAMP development experience
- Experience writing applications using MVC frameworks
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns
- Experience developing WordPress sites
- Experience of using git (and particularly GitHub). Comfortable branching, creating pull requests and merging.
- Experience of using frontend build tools (npm, gulp, grunt, Less, Sass)
- Experience of creating robust and secure public-facing web applications
- Experience dealing with browser compatibility issues
- Good understanding of Linux and the Linux command line
- Experience of writing custom WordPress plugins
Experience with Bootstrap or Foundation
- We offer competitive salary and benefits
Performance related bonus worth up to 20% of annual salary
25 days paid holiday per year + public holidays
An extra paid day off on your birthday
- Help the marketing team to deliver on their objectives by providing technical solutions which drive traffic
- Manage and extend our corporate website
- Build promotional microsites
- Build promotional web tools
About BrightLocal Ltd
BrightLocal is a SaaS platform providing a suite of marketing reports and services to digital marketing agencies, brands and small-medium sized businesses.
We have over 3,500 marketing agency customers and work with big brands such as REED recruitment, Wagamama and Paddy Power. These companies depend on BrightLocal to help them improve their online performance to deliver greater traffic and new customers.
Launched in 2009, we have an established and respected brand in the industry and are known for our authoritative research and webinars as much as our specialist search-reporting platform. Our industry-leading research is regularly picked up by mainstream media like the Guardian and the Wall Street Journal.We employ 130+ people across 4 countries: the UK, the USA, Ukraine, and the Philippines.
Brighton is our HQ and our global management and operational hub, comprised of Marketing, Customer Success, Product & Project Management and Operations.
Last year we grew the company by 30%. We have ambitious growth targets for 2019, and this role will be crucial to help us achieve our goals.We’re keen to invest in our team’s continued success with regular training and conference opportunities, we also like to have fun with regular team-building days which include activities like paragliding, quad biking and sailing to name but a few!
Please take a look at our Glassdoor profile to find out more about the type of business and employer we are.